There is a HAZMAT Fire on SPICES RD in BALLADONG in the SHIRE OF YORK
A fire has started in a yard on Spices Road in BALLADONG and is resulting in dangerous smoke in the vicinity of the incident area. The yard contains a mixture of products that are producing toxic fumes.
People in the town site of YORK may be impacted by smoke
WHAT TO DO:
- As a precautionary measure, people in the area should remain inside, out of the smoke or fumes, with doors and windows closed. Air conditioners should also be switched off.
- People should stay away from the area. If you are already in the area take advice from emergency services personnel.
- People with medical concerns should contact their local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
- Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and be aware of fire and other emergency services personnel.
- Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting travelmap.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the City/Shire of (Name).
DRONES AND AERIAL SUPPORT:
Air support have been sent to assist ground crews. Never fly a drone, model aircraft or multirotor near bushfires. Doing so poses a major safety risk to firefighting personnel in the air and on the ground, and forces aircraft to be grounded or redirected, hindering firefighting efforts.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- 30 volunteer Fire and Rescue Service, Bush Fire Service firefighters are attending.
- Firefighters are on the scene and working to supress the fire.
- The Department of Environment and Regulation Pollution Response Unit have been engaged to provide support to DFES.
- People are asked to report any suspicious behaviour to Police Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.