Stunt riders at the fourth annual Toodyay Car and Motorcycle Show were a crowd favourite on Sunday, with about 1000 people heading to the grounds to catch a glimpse.
Committee president and event co-founder Wayne Outen said there were 200 vehicles on the oval and about 100 motorbikes.
He said the grandstand was full during the freestyle motocross entertainment performed by the Nolan Brothers.
“It was awesome and the first time we have had this,” Mr Outen said. ”The bikes were performing up close – right in front of the seating. “People really loved it.”
All in all, it was a great dayWayne Outen
The Toodyay Junior football club ran the canteen on the day and the Toodyay District High School P&C ran the sausage sizzle.
The Toodyay Men’s Shed made the impressive trophies for the category winners and conducted the park marshalling. “All in all, it was a great day,” Mr Outen said.
Former Big Brother contestant and Toodyay farmer Nathan Martin ran the auction on the day which raised $1000.
The raffle raised $340.
Every year, the money from the event had gone to different causes including beyondblue, the Toodyay Men’s Shed, the local pre-school and the Lion’s Club.
“We have not yet decided where the money will go to this year," Mr Outen said. He thanked the local businesses and sponsors for making the event possible.
Car category winners:
- Best Holden: Tim Oliver , HT Monaro
- Best Ford: Peter Davis, Falcon XY GT
- Best Rat Rod: Joe Carbone ,1941 Ford
- Best Chrysler: Rohan Hite ,VG Pacer Hardtop
- Best Hot Rod: Martin Rock ,1948 Ford Anglia
- Best Display: Darren Hunt , Chev 55 Belair
- Best Chev: Peter McDiarmid , 1967 Chevelle
- Best Ute or Pickup: Natasha McMahon , Ford XY ute
- Best Street Machine: Darren Rowe , HQ Monaro
- Best Modern Muscle: Bob Tulip , EF Ford
- Best Engine Bay: Paul Bell , HQ Monaro
- Best Import: Kevin Ward , Pontiac Star Chief
- Best Vintage: Phil Nutter , FB Panel Van
- Best Interior: Tom Suter , Ford Delivery Van
Bike category winners:
- Best Harley: Brad Miskiewicz , Harley Fatboy
- Runner up Best Harley: Ozy , Harley Superglide
- Best Cruiser: Innes Wilson , 1967 Shovelhead
- Best Vintage: Roger Crewe , Ariel Square
- Best Custom: Steve Simpson , Touroz Trike
- Best Cafe Racer: Phil Malinowski, 1999 Buell X1